Sunday 1 May 2016

Just a relaxing Sunday

Today is May Day in Oxford. On the first of May every year the choir of Magdalen's College climbs the stairs of Magdalen's tower an sings at 6 a.m. people gather on the nearby Magdalen Bridge and all pubs and cafes are open around the clock. Morris dancers then lead a procession into the city center.

At the same time my other half is celebrating the Golden week in Japan.

This year I skipped the May Day (actually I skipped it every year so far) and went to the new Japanese pub on North Parade Avenue. Best Japanese food I've had so far in England, I can heartily recommend it. And they have a decent sake tasting option as well. People who had good sake won't be blown away, but it is a good start for beginner. I would definitely recommend the makis, the takoyaki, the sea weed, and the sashimi wasn't bad either. They also had draught Asahi and a good whiskey selection. What started out as a dinner with friends turned of course into a visit to some nearby pubs, notably to The Gardener's Arms, The Rickety Press, and The Harcourt Arms.

Hence, today is just about relaxing. I'll continue Rebanks's The Shepherd's Life, go for an easy long run, and celebrate with my mom mother's day, which is the first of May in Hungary.

No comments:

Post a Comment