Thursday 28 April 2016

Challenges for 2016

Last year I've run two official half-marathons and a 10k run, all of them organized by BSI. One half-marathon and the 10k took place in Budapest, which proved to be a wonderful setting for running: wide roads, fascinating architecture, enthusiastic supporters, and a huge turnout. The third race took place at lake Balaton, at the end of October. Lovely race, lots of fun. The wind was a bit cold and when we ran on the shore the waves sprayed some water on us, but hey, who cares, we were already soaking wet from sweat.

This year the challenge will be a full marathon. I'll start preparing next week and as usual I'll use one of BUPA's training plan, this time the beginners marathon one. I would normally go for the intermediate plan, but I didn't do much running between December and April, so I think it will be best to go for a safe training.

At the same time I've also decided to try and read at least 25 books this year - or in what's remaining of it. I'm not really sure how many books I read each year. Suggestions on what would be good to read are welcome! You can go and check out my shelf here. It doesn't have everything, but covers a good deal of what I've been reading in the last years.

At the moment I'm reading - parallel as usually - Daniel Kahneman's Thinking, Fast and Slow, Sidney Giffard's Japan Among the Powers 1890-1990, and P. Adamson's A Very Short Introduction to Philosophy in the Islamic World.

No comments:

Post a Comment